Only 1 WW point!
Aren’t leftovers nature’s way of improving human creativity?
That was my take on 1½ cups of leftover pumpkin purée.
Gotta do something other than painting the walls with the stuff.
Hit the creativity button!
1) I remembered my recipe for Apple-Spaghetti Squash Kugel. (Revised January 21, 2014.)
2) Just by coincidence, we also had spaghetti squash leftovers.
Clearly, fate was trying to tell me something. Even better, I was listening for once!
Some thoughts on this ersatz kugel:
- It tastes just like pumpkin pie but doesn’t have the same texture. I left the spaghetti squash strands as is, but you could purée them to have a smoother texture. That would make this dish a terrific, low-cal version of the real thing.
- The WW point count of this dish is 3 points for the eggs + 2 points for the Splenda Brown Sugar Blend = 5 points. Next time I’ll just do ½ cup of the Blend and eliminate the Splenda regular artificial sweetener. That will enhance the brown sugar flavour and add only 2 more points.
If you’re like me, you’re constantly on the look-out for a diet-friendly baked good. I want carbs to satisfy the Carb Monster and sweetness to satisfy the Sweet-Tooth Ogre. (Yes, I’m inhabited by a bunch of craving maniac gargoyles. Aren’t you?)
Pumpkin Currant Muffins to the rescue!
- Yummy, pumpkin-pie flavour
- Sharp sweetness and crunch of currants
- Moist and filling
- 1.5 WW points or about 75 calories
- Comes with the spouse-approved guarantee!
Okay, these muffins aren’t big, I acknowledge that, BUT there are three other important reasons they are great for dieters: no oil, no dairy, no *rice flour—all ingredients which are calorie-rich.
The result? Muffins that won’t overwhelm your daily point count or calorie intake. Enjoy!
*For the gluten-free: Dietwise, there are 4 no-no flours—almond meal, white rice flour, brown rice flour, sweet rice flour—when these flours form the basis of a baked good. For more information on flours, check out Point Values of Gluten-Free Flours, Starches, and Ground Meals.
Hit by an intense and unceasing chocolate craving? Fear not, these brownies will come to the rescue.
They are moist, rich, and chocolate-y to the nth degree.
They’re also healthy, chockfull of protein, and good for your diet. Plus, a cinch to make.
Sounds impossible? Read on!