Back to the Blog with Pumpkin Pancakes!
I know, I know. It’s been two months since my last post. Have I been on an around-the-world trip? Discovered I could eat gluten again? Gotten so thin that I never had to diet again?
I won’t bore you with the details, but I lost my sense of smell again due to chronic sinusitis. It is now back, thanks to medication, and I’m keeping my fingers crossed. Oh, and by the way, not tasting anything but sweet and salt for two months did not mean I stopped eating. Sigh.
So I’m back with a delicious, filling, low-carb breakfast. I’m a morning person, and I wake up hungry. These pancakes, loaded with protein and sprinkled with erythritol, turn my growling-tiger tummy into a purring pussycat for 4-5 hours and make my taste buds very happy.
This recipe is for 1-2 servings, depending on your tiger.
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup canned pumpkin, unsweetened
- ¼ cup sweetener (I use Splenda.)
- 1½ tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice or Chinese 5-spice
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- Cooking spray
- Whisk all ingredients together in medium bowl until smooth. The mixture will be lumpy at first so apply a bit of elbow grease.
- Spray a frying pan with cooking spray and put pan over medium-high heat.
Pour batter into pan, creating pancakes the size you want (mine were 3-4 tbsp. of batter each and I had six of them).
- Let pancakes cook for about 3 minutes or until a few bubbles appear.
- Flip pancakes and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Serve warm and sprinkle with your sweetener of choice.
For Weight Watchers: Recipe contains 7 points in total.