Chocolate-Orange Bean Bake
This bean bake has…
- A light chocolate flavour.
- A hint of orange.
- A cake-like texture.
It’s delicious, and I’ve been eating it for breakfast.
Even the spouse, who is not fond of chocolate (how is that possible?), likes this bean bake—although he did say that it would probably be better if it were topped with whipped cream.
Well, what wouldn’t??!!
Is it not a truth well known to all dieters that everything we can eat would taste much more exciting if it were fried, blended, mixed, chopped, or topped with the foods we can’t eat?
And I told him so in no uncertain terms, thank you very much!
Makes 8 pieces or slices
- 2 cups white navy beans (19 oz. can), drained and rinsed
- 2 clementine oranges, peeled and seeded
- 3 eggs (no substitutes)
- ½ cup sweetener (Note for Weight Watchers: point value is based on the use of artificial sugar.)
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Cooking spray
- Put all ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Spray a square 9″x 9″ pan or an 8″ or 9″ springform pan with cooking spray.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Bake in 350° F oven for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Best served cold the next day.
For Weight Watchers: A 1/8 slice is 2 points in the PointsPlus program.