Broccoli Slaw Salad with Chicken, Apple, and Pickle
Looking for a quick, easy-to-make, low-cal lunch? When we were in Tucson (where we vacationed for a month), I discovered that Safeway carried broccoli slaw which we also have in Canada and which I’ve been using as the basis for a lunch salad. This salad is as healthy as all get out, covers all the food groups except grains, and has a great, crunchy texture.
I’ll add a photo when I’m a little more settled. (The photo is now added. In this version, I didn’t have any chicken or turkey so I threw in a hard-boiled egg instead. It’s okay, but I prefer the meats.) When we got home from Arizona three days ago, I discovered that my computer wasn’t working and that my hard drive was fried. I’m sure you can envision the ensuing rigamarole. In the meantime, get out the broccoli slaw…
- 2-3 cups of broccoli slaw
- 2 ounces cooked chicken, cut up into small pieces (If I don’t have leftover chicken around, I use sliced chicken from the deli.)
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1-2 sandwich saver pickle slices (I use dill with extra garlic (no sugar); these are only 4 calories per slice.)
- 1 tbsp. low-cal mayonnaise
- Salt to taste
Directions: Mix together all ingredients in a bowl and enjoy!
For Weight Watchers: The points value is in the chicken and mayonnaise. The amounts used in this recipe come to 4.5 points on the Points program and 3.5 points on the PointsPlus program.