Crustless Strawberry/Raspberry Lime Chia Pie
Hot summer days just beg for cold, refreshing desserts that are both sweet and tart at the same time. This pie not only delivers on taste, it’s also lovely, light, and very low-cal. Oh, and it’s also a little crunchy, thanks to the chia seeds.
I’ve made this pie with strawberries; then I made it with raspberries (in the photo). I’m sure you could even mix them for a third delicious flavour! And now that I think about it: what about blueberries…?
Many, many thanks to Susan at the Sugar & Spice blog for providing the inspiration for this pie with her delicious Strawberry Lime Chia Pudding.
Servings: Divvy it up any way you want!
- 1 pkg. gelatin (1 tbsp.)
- ¼ tepid water + ¼ boiling water
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cups strawberries or raspberries
- 2/3 cup unsweetened soy or almond milk
- ¼-½ cup erythritol sugar, to taste
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- Prepare the gelatin by pouring the powder over the tepid water, adding the boiling water, and then mixing until completely dissolved.
- Prepare lime by juicing it.
- Put gelatin, lime, ¼ cup erythritol, and all other ingredients into a food processor or blender. Process until smooth.
- Taste for sweetness and add remaining ¼ cup erythritol if necessary.
- Pour into an 8″ or 9″ pie plate.
- Refrigerate until set—about 4 hours.
For Weight Watchers: The total pie is worth:
- With soy milk (80 calories/cup): 4 points on the Points plan and 3.5 points on the PointsPlus plan.
- With almond milk (60 calories/cup): 3.5 points on the Points plan and 3 points on the PointsPlus plan.