Strawberry-in-Season Cobbler (Egg-Free)
Having bought several quarts during the past weeks I’ve been looking for ways to use the strawberries that are a bit more elegant than munching on fistfuls. Hence I turned to my Cinnamon Blueberry Cobbler recipe and rejigged it for strawberries. Mmm…good!
Again, I’ve used erythritol as a sweetener because it has no aftertaste and the cobbler has a delicate flavour. Also, without eggs and using only two tablespoons of yogurt, this cobbler remains my lowest-calorie baked dessert.
Taste tip: It is important to cool the cobbler down completely before eating it. When it is hot, the cake is a little gummy. However, after it cooled, it was fine. Why? Who knows?
Makes 8 servings
- ¾ cup white rice flour
- ¼ cup quinoa flour
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- ½ cup erythritol + 2 tbsp. erithyritol
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. xanthan gum
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp. plain goat yogurt
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups stawberries, washed and sliced
- Cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients: rice flour, quinoa flour, tapioca starch, ½ cup erythritol, 1 tsp. cinnamon, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix together water, yogurt, and vanilla.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Spray 8″ x 8″ baking pan with cooking spray.
- Pour cake batter into pan.
- In a small bowl, add strawberries and 2 tbsp. erythritol, and mix gently until fruit is coated.
- Cover cake batter with strawberries.
- Bake in 350° F oven for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the pan comes out clean and edges are pulling back from the sides of the pan.
- Do not eat until cool! Cut into 8 servings and enjoy!
For Weight Watchers: Each serving is 2 points on the Points plan and 2.5 points on the PointsPlus plan.