Sesame Asparagus with Carrots
- 1 large bunch asparagus, about 3-4 cups
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 2 tbsp. of chicken broth powder mixed with ½ cup of water, or ½ cup of liquid chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. minced ginger
- 1 tbsp. wheat-free soy sauce
- 1.5 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
This dish requires a skillet that has a lid.
- Mix soy sauce and sesame oil in a bowl and put to one side.
- Break off woody ends of the asparagus and cut remaining spears into pieces about 1 inch long.
- Cut carrots into thin slices (about ¼ inch).
- Pour chicken broth-water mixture to skillet and place over medium-high heat.
- When bubbling, add minced ginger. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add carrots and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Lower heat to medium.
- Cover skillet and let carrots steam until crisp (about 15 minutes). If the pan gets dry, add ½ cup of water.
- Add asparagus and mix with the carrots.
- Cover and let all vegetables steam until tender (about 10 minutes).
- Uncover and let water boil off.
- Remove from heat.
- Add soy sauce-sesame oil mixture and toss vegetables to coat.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and mix.
For Weight Watchers: Overall point value in both the Points and PointsPlus is 2.5 points for the entire dish.