Cinnamony Stewed Plums
I created this recipe when I bought a package of marked-down eggplants and discovered it also included six wrinkled plums.
Just add some goat yogurt to it and have a delicious, low-cal dessert!
Makes approximately 6 ½-cup servings
- 6 medium plums, pitted and chopped (peeling is not necessary)
- 1 cinnamon stick or ½ tsp. of cinnamon
- 1-2 cups of water or just barely enough to cover (plums will soften and cook down)
- Artificial sugar to taste
- Put plums in a medium saucepan.
- Add water and cinnamon stick.
- Bring to boil and then simmer for 10-15 minutes or until plums are tender.
- Take out cinnamon stick, if using one.
- Add artificial sugar. (I found 3 tbsp. worked, but how much you need depends on how tart the plums were to begin with.)
For Weight Watchers: Each ½-cup serving of fruit only (take out with slotted spoon to measure and then add juice afterwards) is .5 points on the Points plan and 1 point on the PointsPlus plan.