Seductively, Spice Cake
A dense and delicious cake with the heavenly aroma of cinnamon and cloves. A sprinkling of icing sugar is optional but delights the sweet tooth and is pretty to boot. I served this at an adult daughter’s birthday and it was pronounced delicious.
- 1 cup rice flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Splenda or other artificial sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup soy milk
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. cloves
- Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Beat eggs until smooth.
- Add artificial sugar and beat.
- Add milk and dry ingredients alternately to the egg-mixture, blending well after each addition.
- Beat in olive oil until smooth.
- Pour into 8 x 8 pan, sprayed with no-fat spray.
- Bake at 350o F for 25 minutes or until sides are pulling away from the pan.
Cut into 12 pieces.
Weight Watcher points: Each piece is worth 3 WW points on the Points plan and 3.5 in PointsPlus.
(adapted from a recipe given to me in the 1980s by the owner of some B&B in Port Dover, Ontario)